Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BABE!

Vicki and I just returned from a 6 day trip to San Francisco. The first two days, we went to BABE (Bay Area Bead Extravaganza). We had a great time. The first day, we had classes. I took the "Star Sphere" class from Judy Walker. It was a lot of fun plus she had dicro Aiko delica's! They were so beautiful, though pricey. What a way to add some sparkle to a project. Vicki took a metal working class and then a metal painting class from Gail Crossman Moore. Gail let me play with bags of "eyeballs". I picked out some really cool ones. I don't know what I will do with them, however, I'll think of something. The following day, Vicki and I shopped and shopped in the vendors room. We gave ourselves a time limit of 2 hours. Needless to say, we were there until closing time. What fun it was. The vendor room was larger than it has been in the past, with 30 more tables of beads, tools, and gee gahs. The rest of the week we spent "doing San Francisco", in other words eating, drinking, shopping, and being merry.

Hope to see you all at "Beading without a Meeting" on Saturday. I'll bring the goodies I found for show and tell.

No comments: