Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beading at the Sitka Center

I just got back from the most wonderful beading class. It was two days at the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology in Otis, Oregon. It's about 40 miles south of Tillamook on the side of a mountain that overlooks the Salmon River and the Pacific Ocean. I can't explain just how beautiful it was. The studio was large and had great light. There was a sculpture garden in the woods where deer were wondering around. Flowers were blooming everywhere and the red elderberries! Oh, the color of them was something to see. If you want a relaxing place to go, that's the place. Teresa Sullivan taught the class. I hope that she goes next year for a longer time and teaches figural work. I didn't have my camera, so no pictures. You can go online and see the Sitka Center and the elderberries It's worth searching around.

No comments: